Sunday 20 March 2011

My Best Friends

This blog is dedicated for my best friends Yomassadewi. We've been very good friends since I started my Junior High School at the age of 12. 

During our time in the Junior High School,  we became very good friends , grew closer and stronger ever since. We knew each other secrets and despair, and we knew what makes each other laughs. We created a name for the five of us and we called our selves YOMASSADEWI (YO = Yolanda, MAS = Masniari, SA = Sarah, DE = Desi, and WI = Widi)

Now, I realise that we all have been friends for nearly 23 years... and still going strong.
Widi, Desi, Sarah, Masniari and Yolanda (in our young days)
After we finish school, we all went separate ways, and as you get older, you have your own life to lead. But, even though we spent most of the time away from each other, we always remember the importance of our friendship.  We always keep in touch with one or the other, and we always try to meet up whenever we are near each other.

The five of us when we met in 2002
Widi, Sarah, Desi, Me and Yolanda
I remember this so well, it was the night of my birthday in 2002
In my parents kitchen, feasting ourselves with lovely food.














I live in England and whenever I came back to Indonesia,  the five of us (YOMASSADEWI) always meet up. We stayed over at my parents house, raided their house for food, we'll be chatting until dawn, we'll be laughing remembering the old times and crying together talking about all the things that we've missed from each other, we have a song that we sang together, we'll go out and do the girly thing.
It's like we never been apart from each other, we bonded together really nicely... and I really missed them all equally.
All of us together again in 2002



































I picked this poem for my best friends ... YOMASSADEWI

The Gift Of Friends
There are days when
bubbling from us comes
the innocent child within,
who giggles at the little things
and wears a silly grin.

There are days when
melancholy comes to
visit for a while;
the mind feels tired, the body weak;
we have no strength to smile.

There are days when
joy abundant
grabs a hold of you and me;
wraps us up in all it's splendor,
lifts us up and sets us free.

There are days when
sorrow wraps us
in its cloak of grief and fear,
'till our hearts ache to the breaking,
'till our eyes can't shed a tear.

There are days when
love bestows us
with its wonderment and light;
with its beauty and its mystery,
its power and its might.

And there are days when
life rewards us
and seems to make amends
by granting us a marvelous gift,
the precious gift of Friends.

YOMASSADEWI are close together, but I am particularly very close to Yolanda. Yolanda got married to Sebastian Gauche on Saturday, 26th of February 2011.
It really upset me that I was unable to attend her wedding,  but I am glad that Sarah, Desi and Widi was there to see the happiest day of Yolanda's life, her new beginning.
I knew that Sebastian will love and care for her the way she deserves and I am sure they will be happy together as husband and wife.
Yolanda Gedsni Kano and Sebastian Gauche

I found this wedding cake recipe from the internet, I thought it's rather cute and appropriate for the newly wed couple.... Sebastian and Yolanda....

Wedding Cake Recipe:
 
1/2 lb good looks
1lb sweet temper
1lb butter of youth
1lb blindness of faults
1lb of wit
1lb good humour
2lb of sweet argument
1 pint of rippling laughter
1 wine glass of common sense
a dash of modesty

Put the love good looks and a sweet temper into a well furnished house.

Beat the butter of youth into a cream,
and mix well together with the blindness of faults.
Stir the wit and good humour into the sweet argument
then add the rippling laughter and common sense.
Work the whole thing together until everything is well mixed,
and bake gently forever.

My best friend Yolanda will enter a new beginning in her life, to be a wife to a loving husband, and to follow her husband away from her family and friends, she will be moving to Europe. I found this poem and I knew she will need an angel to guide her to the next chapter of her life.

Send My Friend An Angel
Please send my friend an angel.
Send her one of mine;
A loving and caring one,
The best that you can find.

Please send my friend an angel,

And trust her with its care;
Someone or something for her to love,
And to always be there.

Please send my friend an angel,

One to help her fill her days;
With hope, love, and laughter,
And the warmth of sunshine rays.

Please send my friend an angel -

You know she gave me one of mine.
Please send her down an angel;
A true friend's hard to find. 

This one is for forever friendship... YOMASSADEWI ... I love you guys and I miss you all lots... xxx

Me, the kids and Widi, when we met up in Bali (2010)
Me, yolanda, Sarah and Desi in our school reunion (2010)




 
Yolanda, Masniari, Sarah, Desi (2010)